Study in Japan – Online Sharing by Japanese Universities in Summer 2022 (30th July & 6th August 2022)
Study in Japan
Global Network Project in ASEAN
|Address||2-1-1, Tsushimanaka, Kita-ku, Okayama city, 700-8530, Japan|
|Project: [email protected]International Undergraduate Program offered in English: [email protected]|
|Website||Project: https://studyinjapan-asean.jp/?lg=en&page=International Undergraduate Program offered in English： https://discovery.okayama-u.ac.jp/en/|
Okayama University, as one of the top national universities in Japan, has been appointed to implement the “Study in Japan Global Network Project in ASEAN” by MEXT. We disseminate useful information about universities, scholarships etc.
Okayama University has been appointed to implement the “Study in Japan Global Network Project in ASEAN” by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) since 2019. We promote Study in Japan by 1) providing useful information about studying in Japan, universities, and scholarships through SNS and our events, 2) offering FREE consultation by professional study in Japan coordinators, and 3) holding variety of seminars and fairs (including mock-lectures, information on career in Japan, and students experience talks) to Singapore and ASEAN students.
● Okayama University is a comprehensive university, which has 10 faculties, 1 international program, and 8 graduate schools. Okayama University has a 4-year bachelor’s program called “Discovery Program for Global Learners (GDP)” that can be completed entirely in English.
● GDP accepts 60 applicants per year (around 30 from Japan, 30 from overseas) to embrace diversity.
● GDP is an interdisciplinary program that students can study a wide range of disciplines in social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences.
● Students with advanced Japanese proficiency also has an option to take courses in Japanese in other faculties at Okayama University.
● Students develop a personalized study plan that combines courses from different disciplines and fits their individual academic interests and future goals.
● The application for intake April & October 2023 will start on 1 October 2022.
Japan has beautiful four seasons, and you can enjoy each season in term of food, sightseeing, history, culture, etc. Okayama, which has a perfect mixture of urban and nature sites, is located between Hiroshima and Kobe with easy access from Tokyo or Osaka. You will find convenient transportation of bus, train, taxi, or bicycle between the university and Okayama Shinkansen bullet train station. You can appreciate the delicacy such as peach and grape thanks to the moderate climate called “the Land of Sunshine” . Students can live comfortably, and tuition and living costs are much affordable in Japan, especially in the regional cities like Okayama compared to western countries.
Studying in Japan